反歧视行动 & 第九条
反歧视行动 & 平等的机会
Holyoke 社区 College is an 反歧视行动/平等的机会 雇佣er and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, 国家的起源, 性, 残疾, 宗教, 年龄, 资深地位, 遗传信息, 性别认同, or 性取向 in its programs and 活动 as required by 第九条 of the Educational Amendments of 1972, 《1990年美国残疾人法案, 1973年康复法案第504条, 1964年民权法案第七章, 以及其他适用的法规和学校政策. The College prohibits 性骚扰, including 性ual violence. 有关歧视的查询或投诉, 骚扰, retaliation 或者性暴力 shall be referred to the College's 反歧视行动 and/or 第九条 Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal 就业机会 Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The community colleges affirm the commitment to 反歧视行动 and 平等的机会. 这些努力都是为了女性, 少数民族, 残疾人, 年龄在40岁以上的人, 被称为“保护组”." 反歧视行动 will include those with 资深地位 when such status is considered part of the "protected group."社区 colleges truly committed to equal 雇佣ment opportunity and 反歧视行动 can go beyond developing policies and practices that prohibit 雇佣ment discrimination on the basis of race, color, 年龄, 性别, 性取向, 宗教, 国家的起源, 或残疾. 他们可以采取有意义的步骤进行招聘, 雇佣, 转移, 促进, and train women and 少数民族 to enhance their representation.Affirmative action requires the college to do more than ensure 雇佣ment and education neutrality. 正如这个短语所暗示的那样, 反歧视行动 requires the college to make positive efforts to educate, 招募, 雇佣, and 促进 qualified members of the protected group who may have been excluded, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions on the part of the college. The premise of the 反歧视行动 concept is that unless positive action is undertaken to overcome the effects of systemic institutional forms of exclusion and discrimination, a benign neutrality in 雇佣ment and education practices will tend to perpetuate the status quo ante indefinitely.
- Equal opportunity and 反歧视行动 shall apply to all segments of the College; full and part‑time 雇佣ment; day and continuing education; the curriculum and offerings of the College.
- Equal opportunity and 反歧视行动 shall be applied to the 招募ment process for 雇佣ment and/or access to education.
- 学生可以进澳门真人娱乐首页院, 学习计划, 活动, 以及其他为他们服务的资源, according to the policies of the individual Colleges.
- Equal 雇佣ment opportunity and 反歧视行动 will be realized in all personnel 雇佣ment, 包括招聘, 就业申请, 招聘, 好处, 补偿, 培训, 促销活动, 和终止.
- 所有政策, 程序, 特权, and conditions of the College will follow and incorporate applicable 平等的机会 and 反歧视行动 rules and regulations.
The above‑stated policies are intended to be applied broadly with the goal of promoting 平等的机会 and diversity in community colleges. The community colleges pledge to apply all policies consistently, fairly, and vigorously. Attempts to subvert or abuse these policies will not be tolerated. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken in the case of an infraction. Such disciplinary action shall be consistent with the appropriate collective bargaining agreement, 如果适用的话.所有政策 are made in compliance with laws and regulations and executive orders promulgated by the federal and state governments and other appropriate 年龄ncies and authorities, 在适用情况下. 阅读完整的平权行动政策文件.
Inquiries regarding compliance with the college's 反歧视行动 policy may be directed to:
Criminal complaints can be filed with the college's office of public safety at 413.552.2400.
- 第九条 is a landmark federal civil rights law that prohibits 性 discrimination in education programs and 活动 that receive federal financial assistance. In addition to equal opportunities in athletic programs, 第九条还涉及性骚扰问题, 性别歧视, 性暴力.
- 第九条并不只适用于女学生. Male and 性别 non-conforming students are protected, too.
- Schools must take immediate action to ensure that the complainant/victim can continue their education free of ongoing 性 discrimination, 性骚扰, 或者性暴力.
- The college has an established procedure for handling complaints of 性 discrimination, 性骚扰, 家庭暴力和性暴力, 和被人跟踪.
- The college can issue a no-contact directive under 第九条 to prevent the accused student from approaching or interacting with the complainant.
- 学生 who report violations have a right to remain on campus and have every educational program available to them.
- 第九条 provides rights to pregnant and parenting students. Examples include excused absences due to pregnancy or childbirth that are medically necessary, return to the same academic status as before medical leave, 还有补课的机会.
妇女中心 & 社区
Are you worried about someone or do you have questions about domestic or dating violence? Do you recognize warning signs of an unhealthy relationship? 你需要帮助或支持吗? SafeLink is Massachusetts' statewide 24/7 toll-free domestic violence hotline. 呼叫 877.785.2020 or 877.521.2601 (TTY) to speak with a bilingual (English/Spanish) advocate.